3/09/2014

Hilla Attack Leaves Dozens Dead

Iraq suicide bomb attack leaves dozens dead in Hilla | world | theguardian.com
At least 50 cars were set ablaze with passengers trapped inside and part of the checkpoint complex was destroyed, the officer said.
It was not immediately clear who was behind the attack, but suicide bombings are a trademark of al-Qaida-affiliated groups.
"I was sitting inside my kiosk when suddenly a horrible blast threw me outside and hurled my groceries up in the air. I saw cars set ablaze with people burning inside," said Abu Nawar, owner of a makeshift kiosk made of palm tree leaves near the checkpoint.
Police were using cutting equipment to break inside the burnt vehicles and lift out charred bodies, the police officer said, adding that the death toll was expected to rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment