3/13/2014

Torture in Iraq: One Woman’s Story

Torture in Iraq: One Woman’s Story | one small window...:

"On 29 October 2004, my husband and I were invited to my uncle’s house in Zayouna, Baghdad, for an engagement party. We decided to stay overnight. I was four months’ pregnant with my daughter at that time. At 10pm, American soldiers attacked the house by blowing up the front door, and breaking in from all doors without any warning. They came to the room where I was sitting with my husband, with weapons and dogs. They started to hit my husband before asking any questions. They were hitting him with the butts of their gun, on his head and all over his body. My husband was bleeding profusely from the wounds inflicted by the severe beating. They herded the other people in the house, including my mother and siblings, into other rooms."

No comments:

Post a Comment